Periodontal Probe & Explorer UNC 15/23
The Perio Probe UNC 15/23 combines the University of North Carolina Probe 15 and Explorer 23, providing a specialized solution for periodontal probing and accurate measurement of periodontal pocket depth.
- UNC Designation: The “UNC” stands for the University of North Carolina probe design. It’s a commonly used periodontal probe design that features markings in millimeters.
- Periodontal Probing: The Perio Probe UNC 15/23 is used to measure the depth of gum pockets around teeth. It’s an essential tool in assessing the health of the gums and detecting gum diseases like periodontitis.
- Millimeter Markings: The probe will have millimeter markings along its tip, allowing dentists to measure the depth of the gum pockets accurately.
- Shepherd’s Hook Explorer 23: The Shepherd’s Hook Explorer 23 complements UNC 15/23 Probe Explorer by allowing the dentist to explore tooth surfaces for irregularities and deposits, which can contribute to periodontal issues.
- Ergonomic Hallow Handle: The ergonomic hollow handle refers to a handle design that is both comfortable and user-friendly, featuring a hollow interior. This design aims to provide an optimal grip and reduce strain or discomfort during use.
- Material: Constructed using Surgical Grade Stainless Steel for durability, corrosion resistance, and ease of sterilization.